For our LEAF program, A Stepping Stone Foundation seeks families who have a preschool aged child who is potty-trained where one (or both) parent(s) never completed high school or are learning English and can attend all the obligations listed below. It is beneficial if the family lives in the public school district where our program is delivered. Currently that is Alhambra Schools District or Isaac Elementary School District.
If this sounds like a match for you, you can email us at email@example.com for more information.
In order to participate, each family must fill out an application (we can help you do that!), have an interview with the lead teacher and then sign a contract to fully participate in our program. The family obligations are below.
- Get their child to preschool every day during the regular school year;
- The qualified parent must attend adult education classes at least four hours each week and
- Work in their child’s classroom at least twice a month
- The qualified parent must attend parenting classes at least twice a month and
- Open their home to our teachers once a month for home visits to discuss their child’s and their progress and to practice what was learned in parenting class.
In return for this investment of the family’s time, we will provide:
- FREE preschool for the child four days a week,
- FREE adult education and parenting classes for the qualified parent,
- FREE breakfast and lunch for their preschool child and
- FREE limited childcare for any younger siblings
A qualified parent is one who has gone through the application process described above. No proof of citizenship nor proof of income is required.